In January, I made a list of 20 things I was hoping to accomplish this year….
I don’t think any of us saw 2020 coming. I started this blog with the intention of documenting some of the local coffee shops, cafes, and restaurants I visit in my area, and boy did that go off the rails.
I put my blog on hold for the entire lockdown because, first of all…I wasn’t going anywhere. Second, I honestly just didn’t want to pretend to be more enthusiastic and hopeful than I was.
Well anyway, nearly a year has elapsed and I am looking back on the list I made a year ago and cracking up. Let’s see how I did:
- Get married✅
- I did!! But the only people there were my mom, my FIL & MIL, Lucas’s Twin and his girlfriend…so 5 people. Real small .
- Buy less fast fashion and more vintage fashion✅
- Honestly I barely bought any fashion at all since I was just at home. But I haven’t bought a dang thing from Shein, so I’m gonna say ✅
- More yoga❌
- NOPE. Almost zero yoga. No exercise at all and I gained a bunch of weight.
- Get a new apartment✅
- We did! It’s bigger and a little nicer, but the real pull was the gym…that hasn’t been opened even once.
- Invest more in freelance❌
- I did a little more freelance, but not MUCH more. I’m gonna say no on this one
- Go on a date with Lucas every week❌
- Hilarious. Nope. Not at all. I can’t even remember the last date we went on.
- Make over $50k ❓
- I have literally no idea. I did some freelance, got a new job…I’m gonna cross my fingers and say I hope I did.
- Save $100/wk or more❌
- Lol no. You would think not going anywhere would save money, but moving and getting married are expensive as hell
- Take more pictures ❌
- This went the way of the yoga…meant to but didn’t.
- Go on 2 trips out of Washington✅
- We went on a honeymoon! So…one trip! And we went to Vancouver before COVID. So yes!
- Eat out less frequently – cook more healthy meals at home ❌
- You tried, Belle. You tried. But we ordered take out like 4 times a week for a while.
- See family more than once a year❌
- Have friend dates at least once every month❌
- Get a smartwatch that doesn’t hurt me✅
- Yep! My FitBit Charge 3 BURNED my wrist whenever I wore it. I got a Fossil Sport and I love it.
- Stop letting laundry pile up❌
- Ooh. Nope.
- Do more nice things for Lucas❌
- Does marrying him count? Probably not.
- Read more✅
- I have actually read a LOT lately.
- Get my license!✅
- Yes ma’am!!
- Get a car? ✅
- A really cute blue VW Jetta 💙
- Make a new friend❌
So 9/20. COVID really won this round.